When you see “Click Here”…click there. A new window will open. Go back and forth between these instructions and websites you are directed to.
Essential Question: What is the evidence for geologic changes over time and what story is this information telling us?
Introduction (START HERE)
- Click Here – Go through the interactive as you think about the essential question. Write 2-3 important ideas in your notes.
- Click Here – Read the pages on this site to find an overview of what the evidence is for an ancient earth. Write 2-3 important ideas in your notes.
Instructions: Make a T-Chart in your notes:
Evidence Earth has changed over time | How else I could explain this evidence
Read these sites to fill in the T-Chart and consider this question: What is the evidence from these sites that earth has changed over time? What other way could this evidence be explained?
- Click Here -Age of the Earth (Gate.net)
- Click Here – Age of the Earth (US Park Service)
- Click Here – Sea Floor Spreading Map (click to zoom in)
- Click Here – Timeline of Life on Earth
- Click Here – Interactive Geologic Time Scale
Read through your notes, thinking about the evidence for geologic change over time.
- Summarize what you’ve learned in writing. What story is the evidence telling about the earth’s history?
- Analyze the evidence that the earth is 4.6 billion years old by writing your opinion and supporting it with facts.
- In my opinion __________________.
- I think this because ______________________.
- Other evidence to support my opinion is ___________.
- In summary, _____________________.